If there’s anyone thats known for having a sweet-tooth, yep, that’s me!
But there are lots of healthy alternatives that you can have to satisfy your sweet-tooth.
Over Christmas, I went to a christmas market in London, and came across this sweet stall.
I thought I was gonna dive in and just start biting into each and every single one of them!
But I resisted. Let me tell you why!
Why Sugar is Bad for you
- Sugar Contains No Essential Nutrients and is Bad For Your Teeth
- Sugar is High in Fructose, Which Can Overload Your Liver
- Overloading The Liver With Fructose Can Cause Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Sugar Can Cause Insulin Resistance, a Stepping Stone Towards Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes
- The Insulin Resistance Can Progress to Type II Diabetes
- Due to its Effects on Hormones and the Brain, Sugar has Unique Fat-Promoting Effects
- Because it Causes Massive Dopamine Release in The Brain, Sugar is Highly Addictive
- Sugar is a Leading Contributor to Obesity in Both Children and Adults
- It Ain’t The Fat… It’s SUGAR That Raises Your Cholesterol and Gives You Heart Disease
Ofcourse you can have some sugar once in a while, but stay within your daily limits and try to replace with sugar alternatives wherever possible!