So its a lazy Sunday afternoon, and after having watched The Great British Bake Off, I got in the mood to do some baking myself. So here we have, some tasty protein cookies that consist of Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate, and Banana. I have made these without butter and flour so they came out nice and soft and healthy!
I can now have these as a pre-workout or post-workout snack! Oh, and did I mention they are so soft and delicious?!
Here’s how to make them yourselves.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of Almond Butter (Room temp)
- 4 Table spoons of brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 20g of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Banana
- Dark Chocolate (The higher the percentage, the better) – I used 100% Dark Chocolate!
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium/large sized bowl, crack the eggs and beat them.
- Then add the Almond butter, brown sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder in and mix into a big dough. You may need some real arm strength for this!
- Blend the Dark Chocolate and Banana in a blender (I used a Nutri Bullet for this). Once blended, add to your bowl and continue mixing until everything has merged into one dark chocolaty dough!
- Scoop some dough onto the baking tray and make them into nice round shapes. They may be a little oily from the almond butter, but thats ok! I managed to get about 8 cookies on each baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes each – up to 11 minutes if you want them nice and crunchy.
- Take out, allow them to rest on the baking sheet for 10minutes
- Then you can place them in your tray or wire rack to serve!
Cookies stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Useful tip: Cookies freeze well, up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.