One part of the body that people tend to overlook in everyday life, is the health of your Liver. It is important to maintain a healthy liver. But why?
The liver is one of the largest organs in the body. It has many important metabolic functions. It converts the nutrients in our diets into substances that the body can use, stores these substances, and supplies cells with them when needed. It also takes up toxic substances and converts them into harmless substances or makes sure they are released from the body.
Blood coming from the digestive organs flows through the so-called portal vein to the liver, carrying nutrients, medication and also toxic substances. Once they reach the liver, these substances are processed, stored, altered, detoxified, and passed back into the blood or released in the bowel to be eliminated. In this way the liver can, for example, remove alcohol from your blood and get rid of by-products from the breakdown of medications.
Liver 52 Tablets
I take 1 tablet a day of Liver 52 Tablets, by Himalaya. Although I do not drink Alcohol, I was diagnosed with a slightly high ‘Billirubin’ levels. This is a substance that is produced when the liver breaks down old red blood cells. Very high levels of Billirubin can cause Jaundice (yellow eyes being one symptom), but mine is only very slightly raised, and do not see any visible effects.
What is this good for?
There are many useful benefits to take this. I would recommend you take this after a meal – but read the instructions on the bottle before taking it. Although this is Herbal, and is generally safe to take for most people, If your unsure about anything, always consult your doctor!
This is really good for the following:
- For the prevention and treatment of viral hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease, pre-cirrhotic conditions and early cirrhosis, anorexia, loss of appetite and liver damage due to radiation therapy
- High Billirubin levels
- Liver disorders including fatty acid associated with protein-energy malnutrition
- Jaundice and loss of appetite during pregnancy
- As an adjuvant during prolonged illness and convalescence
- As a adjuvant to hemodialysis
- As an adjuvant to hepatotoxic drugs like anti-tubercular drugs, statins, chemotherapeutic agents and antiretrovirals
Liv.52 is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.