These energy balls are filled with all the most amazing super foods in the world – almonds, walnuts, hemp protein, flaxseed, pine nuts, chia seeds, oats, coconut oil, and medjool dates. They really are little bites of perfect health. Although of course they are unbelievably delicious too!
The most awesome thing about all of these ingredients is that they’re almost all totally packed with all kinds of awesome plant proteins, hemp protein being the richest sources of plant protein available, which means they give you buckets of energy and keep you bouncing around all day long. I love having one for breakfast with my whey protein and banana smoothie to ensure I start the day in the most delicious, healthiest way possible! And having them before my workout, gives me that little boost of energy I really need, especially in those cold early mornings!
They make an amazing afternoon pick-me-up too, way better than any chocolate bar. Make some on a Sunday night to keep in your fridge all week, that way when you get a snack attack it won’t upset your heathy eating!
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 3/4 of a cup of almonds
- 3/4 of a cup of walnuts or any other nuts
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of oats
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of hemp protein powder
- Put all ingredients into a blender (I used my NutriBullet) - APART From the dates and the coconut oil
- Blend for about 30-60 seconds until all the nuts and protein powder is mixed and crushed properly
- Then add the Dates and Coconut Oil
- Blend again for another 60 seconds until the mixture turns into a dough
- Put onto a plate and roll them up into small balls with your hands
- Put into the fridge to keep them cool and to harden them up a bit. They can be stored in the fridge for 1 - 2 weeks