You may have heard of a fruit called Persimmon, also known as Sharon Fruit or Kaki Fruit. I came across this recently when I saw a work colleague eating it, and he offered me one. I didn’t know what to expect, but when I tried it, lets just say I had a new favourite fruit!
I did some research on this fruit and it first came from China many thousands of years ago. Research and studies also found that persimmons contain significantly higher concentrations of dietary fibre, minerals and phenolic compounds. These are all vital in fighting atherosclerosis, in which the arteries become blocked – a leading cause of heart disease, heart attacks and stroke.
What does it taste like?
It’s very sweet! I was pleasantly surprised. I just wanted more and more! It has a very smooth and textured delicacy to it.
What are the health benefits?
There are so many health benefits to this. You know how doctor’s say: “An apple a day, will keep the doctor away”. Well, A Persimmon a day, will give you a long healthy life! Just check some of the benefits below:
- Prevents Heart Disease
- High Calories but very low in Fat (keeps you full for longer)
- A great source of anti-oxidants
- Lots of Vitamin C
- Packed with calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, phosphorus and copper.
- Helps with Cold and Flu symptoms
- Helps get rid of Constipation (High Dietary Fibre)
- Helps reduce High Blood Pressure
- Liver health and body detoxification remedy
- The sugar helps relieve Stress, tiredness and fatigue
- Can prevent certain types of Cancer
So what are you waiting for? Have one of these a day, and see your body change for the better! Live a healthy lifestyle.